At Active-PCB Solutions we work in a dynamic and customer focussed environment.
We are always keen to hear from talented individuals who feel that they have the
relevant skills to join our successful team and make a real difference to our organisation.
Download the specification
for Production Staff
The company benefits include competitive salaries and 23 days annual leave.
If you are interested in joining Active-PCB Solutions please send your CV with a
simple covering letter explaining what position you are looking for and how employing
you would benefit our company. Please send it for the attention of:
HR Manager, Alicia Durdey,
Active-PCB Solutions Ltd,
Unit 4, Acre Road,
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to discuss employment please call us on +44 (0) 118 9310292
No agencies, please.
Materials Estimator with occasional buying responsibilities
Overview: The Materials Estimator will primarily provide materials quoting to the internal sales team as well as purchasing support as required.
Reporting directly to the Senior Materials Estimator, duties will include:
- Completing materials / component costing for sales enquires using Excel.
- Quoting Printed Circuit Boards, cable assemblies, metalwork, workshop consumables and internal purchasing requisitions.
- Liaising with customers to discuss materials / component queries and provide support by suggesting and sourcing alternatives.
- Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers with the view to improving supplier contracts and obtaining competitive pricing for materials.
- If required, completing component purchasing for sales orders using an MRP system.
- If required, expediting materials from suppliers so they are available when required by production.
General Skill Set
- Current and relevant experience working as a Materials Estimator or Project Buyer within the Contract Electronic Manufacturing industry or as an Account Manager within the Electronic Component Distribution Industry
- Current and relevant experience in negotiating the best pricing from suppliers.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Empathy and patience for dealing with customer materials queries
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent administration skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload, while working under a degree of pressure
- Good knowledge of Microsoft office to include; excel, word, and outlook
- Knowledge of an MRP system would be an advantage
- Good knowledge of PCB's and electronic components is essential
- Good knowledge of PCB assembly processes would be an advantage
Applicants should send an email and CV to